Did you get ‘enough’ last night... to put you in a good mood today? We talking SLEEP!
Think about how one bad night’s sleep, or not enough sleep, makes you feel the next day. For many of us, we’re grumpy and irritable, easily frustrated and quick to anger and overreact when we have had insufficient sleep. Sleeplessness and mood disorders are closely linked. And it can work both ways – sleep loss can affect your mood, and your mood can affect how much and how well you sleep. So getting enough sleep and the right kind of sleep is important.
You can’t really ‘catch up on lost sleep’… but at least try ‘spoiling’ yourself this weekend and get 'enough'.
A few ‘quickies’ to remind you...
* Avoid drinking coffee for 8 hours before bed.
* Avoid 'too much' alcohol, especially close to bedtime.
* 'Close your kitchen’ and finish eating at least two hours before your head hits the pillow.
* Keep TVs and iPads out of your bedroom.
* Make your bedroom a haven.
* Make sure your bed is comfortable.
* Turn the lights down as you get into bed + read using a bedside light.
* Try some simple meditation, like closing your eyes for 5–10 minutes and focusing on taking deep, slow breaths.
* Enjoy a warm bath wit Epsom salts.
* Think about your 'sleep routine'.
* Try going to bed around the same time every night, and get up at the same time each morning…. even over the weekend.
Getting enough ...is around 7 hours... go for it tonight :-)